one-day conference in English
in the theater in the ballroom and online
Hybrid theater forms are not just a pandemic phenomenon. Or is it? What’s exciting about working in theater in hybrid structures? What are the next steps based on the developments that theater professionals have made in the last two years? What new dramaturgies and narrative forms are developing through and for hybrid spaces? What does this mean for the work of the authors? What are the particular challenges in terms of technologies, platforms and stage spaces? How do the different audiences come into contact? What new forms of collaboration between artists and technical professionals are emerging? And what do these developments and considerations mean for the production process?
Under the title HYBRID PLAYGROUND _ SHARING SPACES, the fringe ensemble (Bonn, DE) invites theater makers*, professionals of different genres (writers*, set designers*, programmers*, dramaturgs*, scientists*) and other interested parties to an exchange about hybrid theater formats.
The focus of the conference, which is hybrid, is on exchange and dialogue between participants. With different formats such as impulse lectures, dialogues, open discussions, presentations and an excerpt from a performance, we want to initiate encounters and discussions.
The speakers and initiators are
- Nina de la Chevallerie (artistic director, boat people projekt, Göttingen, DE)
- Reimar de la Chevallerie (artistic director, boat people projekt, Göttingen, DE)
- George Albert Costea (Actor, National Theatre Craiova, RU)
- Ceren Ercan (author and dramaturge, Istanbul, TR)
- Annika Ley (stage designer, video artist, digital specialist, fringe ensemble, Bonn, DE
- Amer Okdeh (Stage Designer, Virtual Design, Berlin, DE)
- Martynas Petrikas (Associate Professor at the Faculty of Communication, Vilnius University, Editor-in-Chief of the journal Nordic Theatre Studies)
- Katharina Roesch (dramaturge, co-founder of “Digitale Dramaturgie”, DE)
- Fehime Seven (game developer, programmer, Istanbul, TR)
- Martin Wisniowski (Programmer, Cologne, DE)
Lea Goebel (dramaturge, Schauspiel Köln, co-founder of “Digitale Dramaturgie”, DE)
The conference will be held in English.
Conference agenda, 08 October 2022
10:15 – 10:45
by Martynas Petrikas (Professor at the Faculty of Communication, Vilnius University, LT)
10:45 – 12:15
New dramaturgies for hybrid (interactive, participatory) theater formats
Katharina Rösch (freelance dramaturg, co-founder of “Digital Dramaturgy”, DE) and Ceren Ercan (author, dramaturg, TR) talk about the hybridity of reality, development of new formats, the motivations, the impact on their work and the audience.
12:15 – 13:30
13.30 – 15.00
The connection of analog and digital spaces
View into the “kitchen”: Martin Wisniowski (programmer, DE), Fehime Seven (game developer and programmer, TR) and Annika Ley (set designer and digital specialist, DE) invite to an exchange about technical challenges and opportunities and present special topics of their current work.
15:00 – 15:30
Coffee and cake
15.30 – 17.15
Production of hybrid theater formats
Presentation of three performances with a focus on the special aspects and challenges in the production (technique, acting, process, publicity, audience)
I. George Albert Costea (RU), actor at the National Theater Craiova, talks about the production “Hektomeron”.
II. boat people projekt (DE) describes the current performance “Win back Damascus” and will present excerpts from it.
III. fringe ensemble (DE) explains the development of the special architecture of the hybrid performance “Map to Utopia”.
17:30 – 18:00